TreeFree Biomass Solutions Inc. (TBS) provides cost effective solutions for the biomass market place. TBS has spent 12 years partnering with research organizations, scientists, and Universities to establish a closed loop biomass crop that is superior to existing biomass options.
What sets TBS apart from other biomass companies is that TBS has targeted Arundo Donax as a centrifuge for it's patents due to it's many superior uses in industry crops and multitude of end users in markets spanning the globe in seven industries.
In 1999 TBS , commissioned scientific research at the University of Washington, Washington State University and Auburn University to pioneer, verify and patent revolutionary standards for utilizing Nile Fiber™.
Using TreeFree technology, per acre net biomass production is more than 15 times that of trees per acre per year. Nile Fiber™ can grow up to 30 feet in height in less than a year. The crop never needs replanting and will continue to grow indefinitely, allowing the harvesting process to be repeated every 9-12 months.
- $100,000 DOE grant with Auburn University
- Established test growing plots at Auburn University
1st Commercial pulp trial at Samoa pulp mill
- 2nd Successful commercial trial at Samoa pulp mill
Established test growing plot at WSU
- Patent issued on pulp, paper, composites
Development of a nodal propagation system
- Established propagation research center at Machias, WA
Development of a low cost micro ramet propagation system
- $400,000 Grant funded by UW, DOE, EPA
Established propagation research center, Kona, HI
- Selection of elite, productive cultivars and ecotypes of Nile Fiber™
Developed system for planting large acreages
Proof of concept: using patented propagation system
- Patent filings to expand pulp, paper, composites
Patent filings based on feedstock propagation
- Patent filing based on chemical extraction
Received exclusive license for UW yeast and xylitol
- Successfully removed multiple acres of Nile Fiber from a farm in Touche, WA proving easy of crop removal
Development: large propagation facility Hamakua Coast, Hawaii
- Successfully planted 17 acres in South Carolina
Shipping Capasity of planting materials for thousands of acres a month
- Our propriety propagation method is capable of producing exponential platelets is 6 week cycles